Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Aromatic Spicy Golden Pumpkin 甘香金瓜

This is  a must try recipe for all home chef out there..  I am pretty sure all family member will give their thumbs up  for your efforts.  I used to cooked  this dish using chicken as the main ingredients.  This time I used pumpkin instead.  The end result is fantastic.  Everyone love the dish with  1st bite.  My eldest daughter Pearly she does not  fancy chicken meat, before entering the house after works, the aroma of the dish,  hmm.... she frown.... mom cooked chicken again!  But end  up she is the one eat the most of the pumpkin.  Yeah!  Thumbs up to me!



 Its looks more like a meaty dish!  Right?     Look very tempting, right? 





 Local Golden Pumpkin, I choose pumpkin over chicken, it more healthy!  



Hustle free Hup Loong's batter is my choice, I used about 1/3 of a packet of the amount.

Ingredients

300gms of Golden pumpkin (  cut into big cubes)
1 tbsp of chopped dried prawns (prefried till crispy)
1/3 packet of the Hup Loong's batter powder
some cooking oil

Ingredients A -  Blend Coarsely

2 stalks lemon grass
10 nos of chilli padi  ( you may plus and minus the amount depend how spicy you prefer)
3 pips garlic
3 nos shallot

Ingredients B
1 no. big onion  - wedge  ( I omitted this, but if I used chicken I will add in the big onion)
some curry leaves

Gravy 
1 tbsp plum sauce 
1 tbsp chili sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
 1tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 bowl water


To prepare the batter

Mix   1/3 packets of the Hup Loong batter with 3 tbsp of cooking oil, 1 tsp of my special aromatic spice and enough water to mix into a batter.  Set aside for 15 minites.   (This is stated at the back of the package )

Method

  1.  Dip the pumpkin cubes into the batter and deep fried till golden brown.  dish out.
  2.  Heat up 2 tbsp oil to stir fry A till fragrant then add in the curry leaves
  3. Add in the gravy and per-fried pumpkin  pieces to well coated with the sauce. 
  4. Sprinkle with crispy dried prawns.
  5. Serve hot with rice.

As for the bloggers event for Little Thumbs ups, pumpkin is chosen for October month!  Today the 2nd the event page was flooded with Pumpkin Chiffon cake.  This savory dish is to balance up the sweet delight!  

ENJOY AND HAVE FUN  WITH  COOKING!!!




This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary).  


 & co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House

7 comments:

  1. Hi Christine

    thanks for sharing such great recipe with LTU. Yes, you are right, this savory dish really help to neutralise the sweet delight yesterday. I felt grateful for their full support during the 'opening ceremony of LTU', hahaha, it's really fun.

    Thanks again and looking forward for more participation in near future, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen. Thanks, hope to participate more too....

      Delete
  2. Christine, I see the photo already I know this is good! I will sure tambah nasi if I eat this delicious pumpkin dish. I must go a find the Hup Loong Batter and also the aromatic spice salt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PH, paiseh, I am selling the aromatic spice salt! Give that extra hu lala to our dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, I checked the link! Must give you business lah, friend. OK, let me look into it yah? hee..hee..

      Delete
  4. Hi Christine,
    Thanks for sharing your pumpkin dish, it sure looks very tasty to me. Just wondering where I can get this Hup Loong batter powder, do they sell in Singapore too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Main Games sambil cari Rupiah ?? Caranya gampang kok..

    Gabung aja bersama Agen Poker S1288POKER !!

    Segera jadikan S1288POKER sebagai Agen Poker Pilihan Anda.

    Info Lebih Lanjut Bisa Hub kami Di :
    BBM : 7AC8D76B
    WA : 08122221680

    ReplyDelete