Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Chocolate Almond Cookies

Happy Year of the Dragon 2012 with abundance of joy and prosperous to all!
My very 1st posting for year 2012!  
This Chocolate Almond Cookies was organized by The Star and  Malaysian Institute of Baking in Petaling Jaya in June 2011.  The cookie is crunchy with strong chocolate taste, most important is not so sweet!




The pastry is compressed into rectangle shape put in the freezer for at least 1 hour before cut into slices.


Reading to baked in the oven

I have made some alteration on the original recipe .
Ingredients

105 gms Salted Butter
90 gms Margarine
150 grms sugar ( I used 120gms)
A pinch of salt
1 egg
45 gms Almond Flake
15 gms Cocoa Powder
1 tsp baking soda
300 gms plain flour

Methods

  1.  Shift the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder and  set aside.
  2. Beat butter, margarine, sugar and salt 1st speed for 1 minute and 3rd speed for 8 minutes
  3. Add egg gradually  on medium speed and mix well
  4. Add sifted cocoa powder, baking soda and flour on slow speed till well combine, followed by almond flakes.
  5. Compress the dough on a tray lined with a piece of plastic sheet.  Level it into a block about 2.5cm thick.
  6. Leave in the freezer to harden for at least 1 hour.
  7. Remove from the freezer and cut into small rectangular slices about 6mm thick.
  8. Bake at 180 degree C for about 15 minutes.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After having a persistent cough for over a year, I was diagnosed with COPD
      in March 2015. In 2016 my COPD got worse to the point where not only do I
      have trouble sleeping at night, I also struggle to get air into my lungs. I
      read in a health forum of a herbal centre (native health clinic) who have successful treatment to COPD/Emphysema, i immediately
      contacted the herbal centre via their website and purchased the COPD herbal
      remedy, I used the remedy for 2 weeks, all my symptoms were reversed, i did
      another test for confirmation, i was declared COPD free. email (
      nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965

      Delete
  2. Hi Christine, i noticed that your recipe mentioned about 30g dark cooking chocolate however it was excluded from your method. Is this required? Please advice, thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jersey, sorry for the mixed up, u may omit the dark cooking chocolate!

      Delete
  3. Dr. UGANLOGA has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you Dr UGANLOGA for bringing back happiness to my life. thanks you so much,friends join me to thank him for what he has done for me.Email: druganlogaherbahome@gmail.com  you can call or whatsapp number: +2348107181623

    hello everyone here I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past 3 years and i have had constant pain, sickness. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from the hospital also i have use some herbal medicine from African but non could cure this disease from me. but on one faithful day i came across a testimony of MARGRET HUNTER testifying on how DR UGANLOGA CURED HER of her 6 YEARS herpes disease so i wrote Dr.UGANLOGA on his EMAIL.  telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by DR UGANLOGA,  one week later i started experiencing changes all over body. and when it was  two weeks of using his herbal medicine,i went to the hospital and it was confirmed that I am now free from the disease and i cannot thank DR UGANLOGA enough that is  i am  here to testify that i am not longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my whole life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him.Email: druganlogaherbalhome@gmail.com or  you can call or whatsapp number: +2348107181623 He can also do the following CANCEREPILEPSYPENIS ENLARGEMENT BREAST ENLARGEMENT BUM ENLARGEMENT 
    GENPILENCIN.
    HIV AIDS.
    COPD
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HUMAN PALOMAR VIRUS.
    HERPES.
    SYPHILIS.
    HEPATITIS A B and C SINUSITIS ETC.. THANKS  

    ReplyDelete